Welcome to episode 79 of the Truly Myrtle podcast!
I've got a neat interview for you this week and LOTS of links if you fancy diving down the bra making rabbit hole!
SPOIL YOURSELF MAKEALONG
We're in full swing in the Ravelry group, spoiling ourselves and having a ball! It's not too late to join in, just head over and tell us how you're spoiling yourself this month.
I've been getting back to my yoga practice and this morning just finished day 3 of 30 Days of Yoga on YouTube :)
Some great prizes have been donated for our makealong! You'll LOVE the cute cards from Hanging Rock Roost - see all her gorgeous work at www.hangingrockroost.co.nz. Thank you Vanessa! A huge thank you also to Lynda from Elle Joan's - she's donated a $40 voucher to one lucky person.
WOVEMBER INSTAGTAM CHALLENGE
I'm playing the Wovember insta challenge this month and posting every day from the Wovember prompts. Fancy playing along? Search the tag #wovemberinstachallenge on Instagram to see all the entries.
BRA MAKING WITH LYNDA FROM ELLE JOAN'S
I had the pleasure of interviewing Lynda about bra making this month. Lynda has an Etsy shop selling all the supplies you'll need to make a bra, including kits. I've bought one!
I found Lynda on Instagram - she make such gorgeous bras! Go follow her for bra making inspiration :)
Lynda has given us lots of really useful links in the episode that will be really useful for your bra making adventure:
- http://makerstyle.ca/blog/five-free-undie-patterns (Links to 5 different type of undies)
- https://clothhabit.com (Rosy lady shorts - free, Watson bra and brief set, Harriet bra)
- http://emeralderin.com (YouTube - Emerald Erin Sews has a YouTube channel with tutorials and also visual explanations of the different types of fabrics/findings and where to use them.)
- https://www.katmakes.com (Kat as she puts it on her blog is “an American currently living her best life in NZ” and is very generous with her information and tutorials)
- https://braandcorsetsupplies.com/product/pb-3200-shelley-full-band-bra-pattern/ (This is a pattern good for larger cup sizes where underwires are optional)
- https://www.etsy.com/nz/shop/OhhhLuluSews (OhhhLuluSews - Lots of great PDF patterns - can recommend the Romy bralette pattern)
- http://madalynne.com/free-sewing-patterns/ (Madalynne has designed some patterns also in conjunction with Simplicity Patterns that are in my Etsy shop - a bodysuit pattern also!)
- https://store.closetcasepatterns.com/products/bombshell-swimsuit-pattern (Also a sewalong for this pattern on her website.)
- https://shop.orange-lingerie.com/ (plus Norma also has great tips on her blog too.)
Did you win?!
I'm on the hunt for garment testers in the following sizes: 30-32" and 50"-58" full bust circumference. If you're keen to test knit some garment patterns, give me a yell. I do all my testing on Slack, a free platform, and it works really well. You'll be knitting my draft patterns and checking for errors and improvements to fit so good attention to detail is essential. You don't have to be an expert knitter, but do need to be comfortable working to a deadline.
If this sounds like you, drop me a line at email@example.com